Thursday, March 10, 2011



Jonathan Rogers. The Bark of the Bog Owl. Broadman & Holman Fiction, 2004. 240 pp. ISBN: 978-0805431315


The Bark Of The Bog Owl (The Wilderking Trilogy)I love it when authors recreate biblical events into fictional stories. These gems retell the stories I love with a fun twist. The Bark of the Bog Owl is the first book in a series of three by Jonathan Rogers, and it develops the young life of King David in terms our boys and girls can appreciate and enjoy. There is an appealing element of fantasy to the story and let me just say it is laugh out loud funny! My kids and I had not doubled over since reading Soup by Robert Newton Peck. (To be featured at a later date if you haven’t read this oldie, but goodie yet.) There’s nothing better than the sound of pure laughter from unruly boys on an otherwise dreary night.

This one is a no miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment